Tuesday, January 23, 2007
A WONDERFUL FIRST
I know you are thinking.. WOW! 2 blog posts in 2 days! This was definately worthy of sharing. Yesterday, I gave blood for the first time. Mac has been giving blood forever, it seems. Since we were married, Mac has encouraged me to do it once. So Christmas this year, I told him that I was going to do it as a present for him. Yesterday, was the start of a new tradition for me. Did you realize that one bag, can save up to 3 people's lives? When I read that, it put somethings into perspective. Yes, by the time you fill out all the precautionary paperwork and get everything in place and have a few minutes to recover (and eat some cookies) the whole process took me about 1 hour. The actual donation took less than 10 minutes. Drinking tons of water helps with the time, so I drank tons of water all day.. which is also healthy for me. The thought that the Lord can use my resources and minimal amount of time and energy to put a miracle in place for someone else is so amazing! So, now I encourage you to seek out your local Red Cross or Hospital donation center and give it a try. Now I am working on the idea of giving platelets. If you are married, doing it with your hubby is fun and encouraging too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
dawn! you've been tagged. see my blog for details! :)
Post a Comment