I just wanted to do a blog about how blessed I feel to have the amazing treat of living with my husband and daughter. In attending a marriage seminar this past weekend, I am once again reminded at how incredible my husband is. He truly inspires, supports, loves and encourages me in so many ways! I really feel honored to be his wife. We had a great time learning about God's best for the marriage relationship. There is so much to learn and still digest, but it is such a GREAT journey! It is definitely not always an easy journey, but NO DOUBT a worthwhile journey. I am so super pumped at all the scripture I read this weekend and how it relates to the beautiful roles God has designed for each of us.Let me talk a little about my cute, sweet daughter. She is just amazing. Tonight she sang for me for the first time. She has added words here and there, but she actually tried to put some words that she knew from a song.. and some baby gibberish together to make WONDERFUL music in her mommy and daddy's ears. She has also recently discovered the moon. Now she is fascinated with it every time she has an opportunity to see if. We have a little video clip that I am going to try to get on her that shows her pointing to the moon. She does it over and over again. It's just so fun to experience the simple things through her eyes. She is such a happy, passionate little girl. I am so proud of all she is growing to be. Yesterday, I was able to see her training get put into practice. She went to the door and was DYING to go outside, but I told her I really didn't want her to go outside. She could just stand at the door and look. So, she put her foot on the door frame and she had her baby's bottle in her hand and accidentally dropped it. I just kept hearing UH-OH! Finally, I came over to see what was up. She was reaching for it, but she would have had to step outside to get it, but she WANTED to obey. She was HUGELY praised for her incredible restraint. Then it became a game in which she would THROW the bottle just to stand there and say UH-OH! VERY CUTE! I just love her so much! I love her for who she is! She is such an amazing person already! So, I just wanted to take time to publicly praise my family. I think that is important to lift up the people around you.
2 comments:
First of all, that is a GREAT picture of the 3 of you!
Second, I'm so glad to hear the level of sike in your tone as you wrote about the marriage conference. So often over the last 2 days that Lord has lead me to pray about it's fruitfulness in yall's marriage--I knew it would be. Would God do anything less? Of course not! Teach me all that you learned, or were encouraged by!
I'm so glad you praised your family--I feel the same. :)
By the way-AK has napped the last 2 days! :) Praise God for His WORD that washed over me afresh and anew...LOVE you dearly.
Steph
i also love the picture of the 3 of y'all, so cute! great words from a wise woman...very encouraging to me this monday morning! hugs to your neck!
Post a Comment