This last month has been a journey. Vivian has been learning what it means to be a big sister. I think she likes and has adjusted to the idea.. in most ways. She had the most trouble with the idea of Brantley sleeping in our room, but she is at peace with that. For a while, she was getting up more than Brantley, every night. Mac and I are learning teamwork on a whole new level. Going to the store is a true planned event. We go through a checklist of items.. and yet we still forget things. It's truly amazing the brainpower parents have to use having 2 kids. I can't even imagine how 3+ kids would look like. We are loving every minute of it!
Brantley has started to develop his personality. He is still incredibly laid back... as he proved again today as his sister piled blankets and clothes on top of him in the swing and he just sat there and didn't make a peep. Mac is a WONDERFUL father. I love watching him be this amazing man, who loves his kids with truly an awesome love that can only come from the Lord. He is such a willing servant to myself and the kids. Can you tell I am proud to have him as my husband? It's really amazing when you go through times like this you realize just how much the Lord has prepared your path for the journey you are on. We had an incident last weekend. The faucet mounted water filter started spraying water after we went to bed and flooded most rooms in our house. Praise the Lord Brantley woke us up at 2. We didn't have damage to our furniture, but the flooring was toast. Housing sent in a crew on Monday morning to rip up all the carpet in the apartment.. which you guessed it.. everything had to be moved. We threw stuff in crates and in 2 days redid all the flooring in our apartment. We are still going through stuff, but it has been another grand opportunity to purge. We LOVE our new floors. We have laminate flooring in most of the living areas and halls and the bedrooms have a great burbur carpet. It is truly a blessing in disguise. I could tell you so many things that as we were doing this crazy event how the Lord had prepared us for it. Small things that you take for granted, but were so crucial. For example, the fact that we had purged TONS of stuff this summer in prep. for the baby and had tons of containers.. that were very handy for getting our stuff in moveable form. Also, Mac had borrowed a carpet cleaner to do our floors and we were able to get excess water up to prevent damaging furniture. It is just awesome how the Lord has given strength beyong comprehension and peace in chaos. Normally, this kind of event would have sent Vivian into what I affectionately call "chaos mode". But she handled it beautifully. In fact, she continued to come back to normal during this time. It really has made us all closer. If you would have told me 2 weeks ago that ripping out all the carpets in the house would be a blessing, I would have laughed. Now I rejoice at what a powerful wonderful God we serve. Brantley has also handled it well. I will post pictures of our new floors after we finish unpacking, but I did want to get some pictures of the last month up for you to see.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh my goodness! I am so sorry to hear about your mess, but praise God that you were able to get new floors!
Glad to hear that you all are adjusting and doing well. Hang in there!
praise Him! i love your encouraging attitude!!
Hey guys!! Just exploring through blogs and came across yours. Congratulations on the new baby boy!! He is precious and Vivian is a doll. Enjoyed reading your blog and catching up a little. Have fun with your little ones!!
Presh, just presh. Loved the video. Vivian is so beautiful. Brantley is a cutie pie. Dawn you look great woman! Loved hanging out with you tonight. I miss you! Mac, in one picture in the slide show, it looks like you're the Incredible Hulk or something. Have you been pumping some iron at the seminary or is it just a product of life with two kids?
Post a Comment